I am following the Autoimmune Protocol Diet (AIP) I am NO expert here! I have zero nutritional background! I am just a retired RN….and painter….and momma…and grandma….now living with Autoimmune Disease! I am under the supervision of my medical team and my nutritionist.nI have spent hours scouring the internet for information….and there is so much available!
I understand this can be very overwhelming to some of you…..
So I have decided to list some very basic steps here of how to get started.
What is AIP?
This is way too in depth and out of my expertise….but I have discovered and fallen completely in love with the Paleo Mom….Dr. Sarah Ballantyne….and I will “link” or refer to her often…. Read her well laid-out description here.
Autoimmune Protocol Diet downloads
- AIP Quick Start Guide
- Food to Avoid I saved this list and the next one in my phone and refer to it often! I use it every single time I shop!
- Foods to Include
My Daily Routine
I share this with you as an example of my day…
My goal every single day is 5-7 lbs of whole food (includes everything I use in my salads, juice, snacks and smoothies).
This is very easy to do! When you first begin…weigh everything! This will help you to know how large your salads need to be to meet this goal. After a few weeks you will be able to just eye-ball this amount without needing to actually weigh.
This is not meant for everyone….and you should certainly consult with your physician before getting started…especially if you have been diagnosed with ANY autoimmune illness…..especially Diabetes. Type 2 Diabetes is very multifaceted….and any change in diet needs to be reviewed by a physician and/or registered dietician.
- ~ lg. glass of luke warm water
- ~ multivitamin, vitamin D and B12 supplement
- ~ lg. GREEN JUICE (DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP) Get the recipe here.
- ~ smoothie Get my morning smoothie recipe here
- ~ 1 cup organic coffee (I add organic coconut milk and a stevia)
- ~ lg. water with lemon
- ~ large salad (1.5 – 2 lbs)
- ~ lg. warm water with lemon
- ~ lg. salad with serving of protein (1.5 -2 lbs)
Two Days Worth of My Food: 1 juice/1 jumbo salad/2 smoothies/sweet potato fries snack/1 coffee/6 bottles of water PER DAY
More Foodie Tips:
- Buy as MUCH organic as you possibly can!
- Wash all fruits and veggies in vinegar bath (1 cup vinegar to sink full of water) as soon as you get them home and before you put them away.
- Add good fat to your smoothies when you can. I add an avocado or a tablespoon of coconut oil to at least one smoothie per day.
- I add a teaspoon of coconut oil to my morning coffee
- NO BOTTLED WATER ( I drink filtered water from my home and fill my own SWELL bottle)
- Do not eat food that has been heated in a plastic container
- I switched from Keurig to percolated organic coffee
What You’ll Need
There are the products I use and recommend. These are Amazon affiliate links. If you use these links to purchase I will make a small commission at no charge to you. Thank you. Again, I only recommend products I use and love. I am not paid by these companies! You can see my entire Amazon influencer list here. Please read my disclosure here.
Need help getting started?
I have a small group of people making big changes together. If an accountability group sounds like your thing, join us here!!!