It is RIGHT here that I am sharing my healing journey with you!
What does this have to do with painting furniture?
Let me explain….
I’ve spent the last 8 years painting my way through my every day! I made the choice to enter and expose my creative works to the social media arena about 5 years ago….sharing my projects, my successes, my failures, my family, my struggles, my growth, my strengths and my weaknesses. I am most comfortable being REAL and honest….. and I seem to attract social media followers who really appreciate this. So naturally…..with all this honesty and transparency flying around…..a real bond began to form between me and my FB/IG friends. And it was all unicorns and glitter and cotton candy kinda fun……until October of 2017.
I crashed. My body just quit. It took me down in a day……and I stayed there for weeks.
I lost track of time…..hours and days just passed me by…..I don’t even remember having any REAL thoughts of my own during this time. And I certainly had NO thoughts of my social media followers. I just disappeared.
After much testing I received this diagnosis:
Autoimmune: a disease in which the body’s immune system attacks healthy cells.
Hepatitis: inflammation of the liver
In my own words……my immune system decided it didn’t like my liver. It set up a silent attack years ago….and has done mass amounts of destruction unbeknownst to me.
Is it curable? No (well…the docs say NO….my GOD may choose otherwise)
Is it treatable? Yes
Can it be repaired? Possibly
The treatment options are limited…..and SLOW…..and force you to choose the lesser of two evils.
Since treatment comes with its own issues that also breakdown the body…..I made a HUGE decision!
I have embraced a “food healing journey” to assist modern medicine in treating my disease!
So what does this have to do with painting furniture????
Remember where I left off above talking about my social media family? And how I just disappeared on them?
On December 9th I felt led to hold a Facebook Live video (you can see it here if you haven’t already) sharing an emotional explanation of where I’d been. For weeks I had avoided messages, and emails and phone calls asking how I was. I really felt I owed everyone an answer…and a thank you for their concern and prayers. So without any thought or practice…..I just set up my camera and went for it! I reached out to my furniture painting family….and the response was shocking!
A whole new world was revealed to me! A world right in front of me! I had literally hundreds of women in my furniture painting family suffering from autoimmune disease/liver disease/chronic disease…..and I had NO IDEA!!! I was shocked at the emails and private messages coming to me daily! People sending words of encouragement and SO many seeking comfort and information! I knew…..right then…..this was something I needed to do publically. I needed to be real and honest about this process…just as I had been with my furniture painting business.
So here we are!
Fancy Food Friday #FFF on Facebook
Where I meet with my Facebook Family every Friday morning at 9:00 am central time via Live video to share my weekly food wins and struggles, medical challenges, answer questions and just enjoy the gift of being able to hang out for a bit in one place to support eachother!
- #1 Fancy Food Friday – the Launch of this Series!! – Dec 22, 2017 – Day 5
- #2 Fancy Food Friday – Dec 29, 2017– Day 12
- #3 Fancy Food Friday – Jan 5, 2018– Day 19
- #4 Fancy Food Friday – Jan. 12, 2018 – Day 26
- #5 Fancy Food Friday – Jan. 19, 2018 – Day 33
- #6 Fancy Food Friday – Jan 26, 2018 – Day 40 – Talking about Salads!
- #7 Fancy Food Friday – Feb 2, 2018 – Day 47 – Juice Demonstration, Super Bowl snacking ideas, Surviving Eating out in Restaurants, Salads and bathing suit shopping
- #8 Fancy Food Friday – Feb 16, 2018 – Doing the AIP Diet on Vacation
- #9 Fancy Food Friday – Feb 23, 2018 – Essential oils from Doterra
- #10 Fancy Food Friday – March 2, 2018 – Weight loss with nutritionist Korynn Snidar of Lovely-nutrition.com
Follow me on Facebook @TraceysFancy to catch the next #FFF
My favorite AIP snack — Paleo Balls by Paleo Angel!
Extra Fancy Fluffy-ness in my life
- Epson salt baths at least twice a week.
- Serenity Blend Oil by dōTERRA on my wrist and soles of feet at bedtime.
- Restructured bedtime to include minimum of 8 hrs of sleep per night.
- Dry brushing lymphatic system (haven’t implemented yet….struggling with this one)
- Slowly switching cosmetics and skin care to natural products.
- 20 minutes exposure to outside sunshine daily when possible.
- Manage stressors (so important while on steroids since they mimic a state of fight or flight stress in my body)
More on Nutrition
- My Nutritionist Korynn Snidar at Lovely-Nutrition.com. Watch her video on weight loss, dealing with sugar cravings and basic nutrition here.
Recommended TV Viewing:
If you’re interest in essential oils for health, you can shop for dōTERRA Oils here. For my sleep issues caused my high steroids, I use:
Watch my video on here on how I use this blend and get more tips on using essential oils.
I’m not sure where I’m going with this, but if you’d like to get any possible emails with recipes and other healthy lifestyle ideas sign up here. I won’t spam you. I won’t sell my list. I will just let you know if I have news that you will find helpful, encouraging and life-saving! XOXO
I hope sharing my autoimmune disease diet can inspire you to eat healthier and change your lifestyle. Don’t wait until it’s too late. If you know someone who could benefit from this, please share! Thank you thank you thank for all of your support from the bottom of my heart!!
This post may contain affiliate links, I could make a commission at no charge to you if you purchase my recommended products. Please read my disclosure here.